As a marketing student, you probably have access to a plethora of resources such as your college library and of course, the internet, to come up with great research paper topics.
However, the thought of writing your research paper can be daunting, especially if you’re still brainstorming and don’t know what to write about.
Just like any other piece of writing, start by keeping your audience in mind. Then, make a list of research paper topics that are more relevant to your interests, or a new under-developed field (for example; augmented reality, or people sentiments towards Artificial Intelligence), or a unique research topic that intrigues your audience.
But if you’re still struggling to pin down one out of the many research paper topics for your program, we’ll suggest a number of them for you to either choose from; or for you to take inspiration from and come up with your own.
How to Choose the Best Research Paper Topics
Before we dive into the details, you’ll have to familiarize yourself with the basics. For starters, pick up a pen and paper and brainstorm different topics that you’d like to write about.
While personal interest is definitely important, we also suggest you opt for a topic that will intrigue your readers. Here are a couple of factors you ought to keep in mind while selecting a topic:
Keeping your personal interest in mind
You probably won’t be able to write a stellar research paper if you’re not interested in the topic. Sit down with your peers and advisors to discuss possible ideas. It will be easier for you to discuss different themes once you’ve written down all your ideas in one place. If you’ve decided on a specific keyword for instance “consumer behaviour”, you can look for similar research papers on the internet.
A research paper isn’t a descriptive essay which you can drag aimlessly. Your research paper needs to be based on factual data and that’s only possible if you’ve conducted thorough research. While jotting down points for your first draft, ensure your statements are supported with references or examples citing credible academicals and research work.
Don’t leave it till the last day
A lot of students tend to undermine the writing process and leave for the last few days. Bear in mind that you can’t possibly write your entire research paper overnight. In order to succeed, you’ll have to devote sufficient amount of time to research.
Also, be prepared to schedule meetings with your advisor on a regular basis as you’re bound to require help along the way. At this point, make sure you only rely on credible sources that will support your dissertation.
Examples & List of Research Paper Topics
If you’re still unable to decide a topic of your interest, here is a list of 70 unique marketing research topics that you can use as marketing project topics for your MBA, or any other marketing course:
- How do organizations use CSR (corporate social responsibility) to reinforce brand equity?
- What manipulation tactics do brands use to get more customers?
- How can brand image be communicated via social media marketing?
- How can social media impact the buying choices of shoppers?
- Are consumers equipped to shield themselves from direct marketing strategies?
- Determine and analyze consumer buying behavior for [product name]
- How does advertising impact consumer behaviour?
- How does family orientation impact marketing communications?
- What characteristics do buyers look for when purchasing a product online?
- How does global marketing incorporate standardization?
- What attributes do consumers look for when comparing products online?
- How do financial institutions differentiate their goods and services on the basis of social class?
- Is direct marketing really the most effective form of marketing?
- What internet marketing trends can be expected for the future?
- How to marketing strategies differ across different cultures?
- Can brand advertising impact political campaigns?
- How do brands exploit impulsive buying?
- How does loyalty cards encourage sales and boost customer loyalty?
- Can well-marketed brands get away with selling substandard quality products?
- How is globalization having on impact on consumer behaviour?
- Impact of brand image on customer loyalty
- Brand attributes that lead to an increase in customer loyalty
- Successful marketing approaches that helped break through strong market monopoly
- Impact of cause marketing on brand affinity with young mothers
- Effect of consumer promotions and discount offerings on brand equity
- The outcomes of advertising in a recession
- Influence on Social Media advertising on consumer behaviour
- Effect of TV advertising on top of mind awareness
- Understanding customer perceptions around event sponsorships
- Does corporate social responsibility translate into sales?
- Canadians perspective on being targeted with mobile ads based on their browser history
- Is direct marketing welcomed by people?
- Are customers able to differentiate between various mortgage offering by competing banks?
- Does social media influence buying behaviour
- Do people like being click baited into sponsored posts?
- Understanding the impact of celebrity endorsements on ROI for CPG brands
- Women’s sentiments around comparison advertising
- How effective is comparison advertising to build brand equity?
- Do consumers prefer purchasing routine grocery products online?
- Is earned media perceived to be as important as it appears to be?
- What makes people want to share content to their friends?
- Understanding why content goes viral
- Marketing challenges around the evolving family structures
- Are we losing the emotional value and significance of money being in a cashless society?
- Is centralized global marketing a good idea for brand health in local markets?
- How is augmented reality going to enhance marketing experiences?
- How will artificial intelligence support in making better marketing decisions?
- Is immersion marketing through virtual reality technology going to be accepted?
- What does the luxury auto buyer look for in a car?
- How to instill a desire to purchase for customers in the luxury category
- Harmful effects of advertising to kids
- Impact of in-store branding on brand salience
- Effect marketing strategies for restaurant businesses
- Habit formation and ways to integrate new products in consumer lifestyles
- Is display advertising going to die?
- Can Snapchat help small business grow?
- How do customers perceive the brand who advertise on Instagram?
- The impact of humour in advertising
- Do customers pay attention to nutrition labels?
- What triggers impulse buying behaviour
- Essentials to sky rocket a new brand to heights of awareness
- The factors that lead to customer satisfaction in young adults
- Elements that help build an emotional connection with your audience
- How do males and females differ in their buying behaviour of mobile phones
- Does language targeting help in ethnic advertising?
- Customer Perceptions: Are well known brands good in quality?
- Is radio still an effective method of advertising?
- Rural vs Urban marketing challenges to be mindful of
- Impact of internal branding on employee retention and turnover
- An in-depth analysis of political marketing in Canada
More Categories of Research Topics
Still in need of some inspiration? Here are a few research paper areas that you can explore:
- Consumer Behavior
- Relationship Marketing
- Brand Management
- Nonprofit Marketing
- Market Segmentation & Targeting
- Internet Marketing
- Marketing Planning & Forecasting
- Product Design & Positioning
- Direct Marketing
- Purchasing & Materials Management
Hopefully, these marketing thesis topics will help you come up with a few topics of your own. If you’re still confused about which area, you’d like to work with, we suggest you consult your advisor for some additional help. Good luck!