A brand board is a single document that includes a list of elements that your brand shows to the world. It is a visual reference that gives a thorough idea to the client about your brand’s identity. A lot of brands build such documents to make it convenient for the client to understand their business in just one glance.
If you are running a business and hate giving the same explanations to the client, then it is an excellent opportunity for you to prepare a brand board for your business. This article will help you understand the importance of this piece of document and will give you a thorough idea of what it might include in it.
Elements of a Brand Board
A brand board is the best way to show your visual brand to the client in one neat take. They help you show your attributes, personality, and everything else that your brand vouches for. Here is a list of brand board elements, which will be included in this document.
- Your Business’s Logo: A logo is the face of your business, which is definitely an important part of this document.
- Logo Variations: A lot of brands use different brand logos at times, for instance, B&W. If you have a range of logos in your mind, then mention it in the document.
- Color Palette: It will set the tone for your brand, so make sure it is added to the brand board. Make sure you understand color themes and what impact a certain color palette will have on your brand.
- Fonts: Add the font of the main text, headings, etc. on the board.
- Design Patterns: This includes any specific designs you want to use for your brand, icons, etc.
- Tagline: The most important thing that people remember about your brand is your tagline. Make sure it is catchy and included on the board.
Why do you need a Brand Board?
Here comes the most important part, why do you even need a brand board? There are a lot of reasons as to why this board is important, here are some important pointers that might help you understand it.
- It helps the brands to stay consistent, which is one of the biggest reasons that brands must consider creating such a board.
- Easy communication to the client about the brand that helps in creating a strong impact on the client afterward. Nobody wants to spend hours on a single aspect, which is why this board is the perfect way to let your clients know about your business in a few seconds.
- Acts as a base for future modification, which saves a lot of time in the future.
- Helps in giving labels to various design elements, including the color codes, font names, etc.
- Best countercheck mechanism to ensure consistent quality in the future.
I hope these reasons are enough to encourage you to make a brand board for your business!